Monday, November 30, 2015
I'm putting the finishing touches on my interview with three-time Grammy nominee Patrick Feaster, the author of Pictures of Sound. Pictures of Sound won the 2013 ARSC Award for Excellence in the Best General Research in Recorded Sound/Best History category and was nominated for a 2014 Grammy Award for Best Historical Album. Patrick spoke to me for nearly an hour about how he located and made audible some of the world's oldest sound recordings. We'll be listening to tracks from the CD that accompanies Pictures of Sound as well. It will be a really special edition of The Rough Windows Radio Hour.
Sunday, November 22, 2015
If you've been listening to Rough Windows this week, you heard these tracks on the "Strange Territory" show:
1. Générique -- Miles Davis
2. Bucolica -- The House in the Woods
3. Ancient Forces 1 -- Bruce Lacey
4. Tagging Snakes -- Bruce Langhorne
5. Cycles of the Serpent 1 -- Bruce Lacey
6. Slow Accident -- Woodbines & Spiders
7. Hi Scores - Boards Of Canada
8. Finale And Credits -- Marc Wilkinson
9. Hive Culture -- Ian Boddy
10. Come To Dust -- Boards Of Canada
11. Secropia --Sybarite
12. I'm Cold -- Bruce Langhorne
13. Eight Arms to Fold You -- Sir Richard Bishop
14. Deep End -- Pye Corner Audio
15. Seasons -- The Advisory Circle
Some strange and delicious ingredients of the program are pictured above.
Saturday, November 21, 2015
Saturday, November 14, 2015
Tuesday, November 10, 2015
I do a program illustration for each episode of The Rough Windows Radio Hour. This one is for 'The Man Who Fell To Flagstaff.' Curiously, there's no Bowie in the mix -- but there is a full hour of great science fiction-related music from the Mahavishnu Orchestra, Pink Floyd, the Epoxies, Jane Weaver, Peter Howell, Kraftwerk and more. Tune it in at night, around 11 pm, on Radio Free Flagstaff, 94.5 FM, KOII.
Sunday, November 8, 2015
Thrift store shopping in Ajo, Arizona yielded these two great finds -- which inspired the theme for an upcoming Rough Windows show. The theme will be "Birds." I'll be featuring some clips from these records, plus a whole hour of electronic music related to our feathered friends. Listen for it on Radio Free Flagstaff KOII.